We’re very proud to announce Professor Badreldeen and Asim Kurjak’s new book, the Donald School Textbook of Diabetic Pregnancy & Ultrasound.
The Postgraduate Fellowship program in Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology is designed to train personnel working in the field of Ob Gyn to efficiently use different forms of ultrasound. The objective of this unique program is to foster the rapid acquisition, integration and application of clinical knowledge to the practice of diagnostic ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
This program offers extensive experience in the ultrasound assessment of high risk obstetric and gynecologic patients, as well as formal training and mentorship in clinical and translational research. The fellowship consists of lectures, seminars and hands on sessions.
Top world experts in the field, will give didactic sessions and state-of-the-art lectures on the use of basic and advanced ultrasound during the course doing 60% of the time. The remaining 40% of the curriculum is dedicated to hands-on sessions. The clinical experience enables the fellow to become proficient at ultrasound application in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
The study consists of six modules.
|Organiser:||The Feto Maternal Medical Centre|
University of Medical Science and Technology
Ian – Donald Interuniversity School of Medical Ultrasound
|Duration of study:||One year academic|
|If some of the applicants do not complete the program within the defined period of time, they can continue in the next academic year. In these circumstances, they have to attend all the missing lectures and pass the separate exam and final exam.|
|Practical experience assessment:|
Objectives of Fellowship program
After finishing this program, the participants should be capable of:
Faculty of the program
Prof Badreldeen Ahmed, Doha, Qatar
Asim Kurjak, Professor, Zagreb, Croatia
Frank Chervenak, Professor, New York, USA
Guillermo Azumendi, Spain
Eberhard Merz, Germany
Ritsuko Pooh, Japan
Ivica Zalud, USA
Justin Konje (Leicester University – UK)
Wessam Kurdi (Saudi Arabia)
Noora Zymberi (Fetal Medicine Foundation –UK)
Apart from the quoted list, many well-known national and international experts in the field of OB/GYN ultrasound from all over the world will be invited to share in the lectures and evaluation of the candidates.
Module 1: US in Gynaecology
Transvaginal US and transabdominal US
Module 2: US in the 1sttrimester
Module 3: Fetal well-being (Fetal biometry and fetal growth)
Module 4: Fetal anatomy – placenta – umbilical cord
Learning outcome: normal fetal anatomy
Module 5: Fetal congenital anomalies
Learning outcome: understand the fetal dysmorphology from head to toe
Module 6: 3D and Doppler in gynecology and infertility
The basic diploma of ultrasound in OB-GYN.
1- The duration for studying will be 4 – 8weeks leading to Basic Ultrasound Diploma of Ian-Donald Interuniversity School of Medial Ultrasound.
The student will do a
1. 20-hours of theoretical lectures and seminar.
2- 100 hours of hand on practical daily so you can choose morning or evening.
3- Submit a logbook with a minimum of 30 images.
For further information, please call +974 3376 2653.