Our Diabetes services aim at optimizing diabetes control in children and adolescence. This is achieved through an individualized, holistic, and age-appropriate and culture sensitive approach to ensure safety and good short and long term diabetes outcomes. We aim at helping families of children with diabetes to monitor and manage the blood sugar levels on normal days as well as in illness, exercise and during sleep. These services are as follow:
- Initial assessment of general health, diabetes education and management skills
- Goal setting for each child individually
- Fine tuning and close follow-up during the initial phase.
- Comprehensive management plan (nutrition, insulin therapy and psychological and diabetes family conflicts)
- Regular check-up every 2-3 months